If you’re interested in making games and working in an independent, fast-paced, and challenging environment, please send your resume or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Tucson, AZ (on-site)
Desert Owl Games is looking for a quality assurance tester for its PC/Mac, Console, and VR titles. Candidate must be local or willing to move to the Tucson area, dependable, organized, detail oriented, and passionate about games. If you match these and have a knack for finding new ways to break or exploit game mechanics, then this is the position for you!
An ideal candidate should be someone who has experience approaching a game conventionally and unconventionally, to find where it breaks or functions in undesirable ways. After discovering an issue, the candidate will isolate the specific means for reproducing the issue, and then clearly document what the issue is and how it can be reproduced. This position will entail working closely with our team of designers, developers, artists, and producers.
This is a full time position.
- Run assigned testing assignments or tasks and identify game issues (bugs)
- Report game issues to tracking tools
- Test and verify bug fixes
- Learn the rules of each game being tested
- Review forums and other outward/consumer-facing communication platforms for issues being reported
- Applicants should be able to work independently and in small teams
- Able to take initiative to seek out issues to test
- Ability to follow directions and complete assignments or tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to handle shifting schedules
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of current PC and Console games, VR games a plus
- Proficient with Google Drive applications or MS Office
- Outstanding attention to detail and methodical
- Eager to take on new responsibilities
- Experience participating in Alpha or Beta tests for Games or Software
- Professional software testing experience preferred
- Experience using tracking software such as JIRA, Github, Scrumwise, etc.
- Prior forum moderator experience desirable
- Prior customer service experience desirable
- Prior blogging or community forum management experience desirable